Or – knowing Ray would be Ray – he played him for sympathy

When his office asked my producer John Redman, I said for Albo to come on and fasten his seatbelt. Put it this way, I made sure I did plenty of homework on Monday night. But no one seemed to offer an explanation of why he wanted to do it. I think he was worried others had been making all the running while he had Covid.”

This entry was posted in Elections, Media. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Or – knowing Ray would be Ray – he played him for sympathy

1. Rockdoctor says:

As much as I hold Hadley in distaste I wonder why Albo would even go near him with Hadley’s form. The guy is a bloviating blowhard, I used to listen to him on 4HI on site and at times he was interesting. Problem was his show was laden with ads and the gems were rare among the roughs.

I think Albo’s team set Hadley up.
    They knew Albo would be subjected to an over-the-top shellacking but it wouldn’t have impressed many voters.
    I have no intention of voting for Albanese, needless to say, but even I felt sympathy for him.

The smart play from Hadley would have been to dial it down – way down.
    Ask the questions and leave plenty of empty air to emphasise the Opposition Leader’s inability to fill in the gaps.
    But Hadley is a blowhard and couldn’t resist.
    Clever tactics from Labor.

3. Tel says:

Ray Hadley was a lockdown supporter.

He blasted Alan Jones for so much as mentioning that locking people in their houses might be a bad strategy to stop something slightly worse than a bad flu. I could be wrong but don’t believe Hadley ever apologized.

Sure, Albo is an easy target … for being completely useless in every way possible … but from my perspective Albo and Hadley have both demonstrated they are no friends of free people and that’s the most important issue. In a way the two of them are on the same side, when you think about it.

4. Not Trampis says:

Hadley is the King of shriek radio. He gets more agitated the more the polls say the ALP will win.
    Just to show how stupid he is he believes rightly that boat turnbacks have meant no asylum seekers have made it to Australia. Yet he believes you have to have TPVs which only make sense if they do make it to Australia.

Covid kills more people that a good flu. an equally stupid statement.

Non Mentis

You might not be aware that there were some arrivals before the turn backs, and others have been brought here since for medical treatment.

Covid kills more people that a good flu.

Another reading comprehension fail! the phrase was “a bad flu”.

6. Not Trampis says:

you are not aware there have been NO arrivals since boat turnbacks showing you are as stupid as Hadley.

more people have dies from Omicron than any other variety of covid and it is not that dangerous. it has killed far more people than in a flu season pre-covid. Only morons would call covid slightly worse than a bad flu.

Non Mentis

You not being aware there have been multiple transfers from Nauru and Manus to Australia for medical treatment since boat turnbacks showing you are stupider than Hadley.

8. bollux says:

How I miss the Ray Hadley Covid Show. Now he occasionally talks about something else the show has gone downhill. All those minute by minute updates we used to get. The hysteria. The rubbishing of any contradictory views. I wonder what sort of inducements were on offer? Leant a whole new meaning to the term “one eyed”. Strictly my opinion.