Awarded for biggest public policy disaster in Australian history

This entry was posted in COVID hysteria, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Awarded for biggest public policy disaster in Australian history

1. NoFixedAddress says:

Four women get-a-gongo!

What about the State Dicktaters and the VikStasi?

Who awards this shit anyway when none of the gonzos believe in a Monarchical Democracy?

2. cuckoo says:

Under some future Victorian ALP government, they’ll be naming hospitals after Daniel Andrews and professorial chairs after Slugboy Sutton.

At times like these I think of the line delivered by Clint Eastwood, playing a thinly fictionalized version of movie director John Huston, in White Hunter Black Heart: “They’ll name an award after me and give it to all the wrong people”.

3. Boxcar says:

Just wait for the Nobels

4. Pommy Al says:

What they actually deserve is a noose and a trapdoor.
    Added lead injection for Young.

5. Cassie of Sydney says:

These people destroyed businesses, livelihoods and lives. And Scumbag Morrison and the always useless Liberals just sat back and gave them free rein.

What a joke.

6. Cassie of Sydney says:

“What they actually deserve is a noose and a trapdoor.”

You know, despite having studied history and knowing it well, having grown up and lived mainly in Australia, whilst I knew intellectually why revolutions happen, I didn’t really understand emotionally how revolutions happen. I do now.

7. Chris M says:

They mock us.

These four should be stripped of all assets and incarcerated for 10 years.

8. Tel says:

About 10% of Australians are outraged by what happened, while a different 10% are thrilled they had a brief moment of self importance and the opportunity to be a bossy britches. The remaining 80% just keep their heads down, shuffle feet, try to pretend it’s not happening and keep paying their mortgage and voting for the major parties.

I think my biggest COVID disappointment is my fellow Australians … I used to think a lot more of them. Then again, it’s not really the same place we grew up in, is it? Here we are on the Queen’s Birthday and no kids playing in the street with fireworks … that says everything you need to know about where we went wrong.

In Western Sydney you still have fireworks strangely going off in the dark corners of the local parks at 3AM … but while I salute the disobedient little larrikins, it’s not quite the same family spirit as before. Sneaky fireworks have become a gangster stick-it-to-the-man activity, whereas it used to be something we used to all do together.

Nope. It’s not even the same place it was ten years ago.

10. Franx says:

Detestable images of their own making.

11. Petros says:

Let’s not forget that Katherine Deves only got 32 percent of the primary vote in Warringah. Seems that only a third of Aussies are against biological males competing in female sports competitions based on the lack of support for her publicly stated opinion on this topic. She got 39 percent after preferences.

12. Vagabond says:

I’m surprised Sutton wasn’t up there. No doubt he’ll get his gong next time around.

What they actually deserve is a noose and a trapdoor.

Far from being our “saviours” they are nothing more than jumped-up, bureaucratic tinpot dictators.

14. Bruce of Newcastle says:

Incidentally the lockdowns didn’t work. But you knew that already.

Report by German Parliament Expert Committee Finds No Evidence that Lockdowns did Anything.

John Hopkins University: ‘Our study finds that lockdowns had little to no effect in reducing COVID-19 mortality’

From Instapundit today. Maybe Australia should adopt the Iron Cross medal system, since one with oak leaves and cluster would be a suitable gong for our medical Nazis.

15. Entropy says:

Biggest in history?
    Bigger than renewable energy policy?
    Bigger than RGR illegal immigrant policy?
    Bigger than French submarines?
    Bigger than making Jim Cairns Treasurer?

16. Entropy says:

Sigh, it’s a target rich list of options.

17. Entropy says:

Then again, it’s not really the same place we grew up in, is it?

The future does not belong to anyone over 50.

18. Entropy says:

I have learned to accept that CL. It’s their world now.

19. Rockdoctor says:

Wow, one of those has a stench of impropriety due to partners links to Pharma lobbyists, the other presided over Ruby Princess and actively undermined more rational approaches proposed by elected officials.

As for Sutton, I wonder what they know that we don’t yet given that Sluggate is still meandering through the courts and probably on IBAC’s radar. He was probably the highest profile of the lot and got nothing, that has my spidey senses tingling.

I spotted that Carmen Lawrence got one as well. The awards committees do themselves no favours with plumbing depths like this.

Rockdoctor

They have ceased even trying to pretend that the system (above the lowest levels of awards) is about genuine distinction. It is now maaaates baubles.

21. Wyndham Dix says:

All four people pictured all guilty of wilful ignorance. It is simply not possible that they are oblivious of the findings of eminent cardiologist Dr Robert Malone, not least his warnings to parents about the dangers of injecting children aged 5 to 11, another renowned cardiologist Dr Peter McCullough, Dr Joel Hirschhorn (of ‘shots to clots’ renown) and the study by the Salk Institute which “…proves the assumption made by the vaccine industry, that the spike protein is inert and harmless, to be false and dangerously inaccurate.”

If they are oblivious, their reading and professional development are sadly lacking, making them unfit to occupy the prestigious positions they hold.

All four are victims of their own delusions, to say nothing of self-importance, and have not the courage to admit they were wrong. Their elevation to unmerited status speaks volumes about selection committees which presided over their promotion.

The recent inability of Dr Murphy to define ‘a woman’ in response to a question by Senator Alex Antic should have seen him laughed to scorn. I understand he has been married for 43 years. If he does not know by now he never will.