No removal vans necessary: Australia drops recognition of west Jerusalem as Israeli capital.
- Blubbering Blowhards Battered
- Noticeably eager to escalate Labor’s national war on Catholics
- 2023: “Novak Djokovic has stirred anger after calling for peace”
- I’ll tell you what rule I applied, sir. I applied rule D.S.C!
- Few causes are more satisfying than routing the Spanish left
- The Ma’am With The Golden Smarm
- Mentally vulnerable ‘No’ voters officially stigmatised as racists
- May 2023 (88)
- April 2023 (90)
- March 2023 (118)
- February 2023 (84)
- January 2023 (101)
- December 2022 (62)
- November 2022 (72)
- October 2022 (83)
- September 2022 (81)
- August 2022 (82)
- July 2022 (83)
- June 2022 (113)
- May 2022 (80)
- April 2022 (114)
- March 2022 (117)
- February 2022 (120)
- January 2022 (126)
- December 2021 (116)
- November 2021 (112)
- October 2021 (126)
- September 2021 (84)
- August 2021 (6)
- Art, music, letters
- Australian police state
- Climate hoax
- COVID hysteria
- Defence and national security
- Economics and the economy
- Ethics and morality
- Fake conservatism
- Fake news
- Fake science
- Federal politics
- Foreign policy
- Hypocrisy of the left
- Innovation and technology
- Left-wing extremism
- Legal affairs
- Religion and faith
- Rule of law
- Social media
- State politics
- US politics
- War and peace
- War on Christianity
The Cat Empire
“Christian nuns and priests are regularly spat on or attacked in Israel. “
Sure they are. Please provide me with the evidence for this statement. If true, then that’s despicable and should be rightly condemned.
“Christian Palestinians are discriminated against by both sides
In Israel, there are Arab Christian and Muslim members of the judiciary, in the Knesset, and they are found in all streams of Israeli civil and business life. So much for “discrimination”. Oh and here’s an inconvenient fact for you, the Christian community in Israel is growing, whereas the Christian community in “Palestine” is shrinking. And as for discrimination and harassment, just ask the Christians of Bethlehem how they’re doing under the PA, Palestinian Christians face regular harassment in Palestinian controlled areas but are more often than not too scared to speak up.
People are still alive from the 1948 war.
Deir Yassin anyone. Leaflets were dropped in villages telling them of massacres and that is what would happen if they stayed.
They fled for their lives. When they returned they found people had taken their homes.
Israel was founded on by murderous terrorism. They have changed. I see no reason why islamic Palestinians could not do the same thing. Make the Palestinian dream something most of them can aspire to.
It is unfortunate that a lot of christians have migrated and they were the focus of businesses in the area.
Real Trampis, eye for an eye, explains why you’re so blind
Nice (failed) attempt at deflection. Cassie asked for evidence that “Christian nuns and priests are regularly spat on or attacked in Israel.” You responded with comments about 1948 (which themselves ignored the efforts by Arab nations to have Palestinians leave their homes, to enable the easier military success that Arab armies expected).
I see no reason why islamic Palestinians could not do the same thing. Make the Palestinian dream something most of them can aspire to.
The Palestinian leadership ensure that no Palestinian can speak openly of such dreams without being murdered. Try to broaden the nature of your reading (once you have returned to pre-school, where you can again try to develop the basis for learning to read in primary school).
Now since a commentator here insists on talking about discrimination….
1. From 1948 to 1967, when Israel captured the Old City, Jordan refused to allow Jews any access to the Old City and any access to pray at the Wailing Wall. Jews were driven from the Old City, the Jewish quarter, synagogues and holy Torah Scrolls were trashed, vandalised and some used as toilets. Jews were also driven from cities such as Hebron.
2. Since liberating the Old City in 1967 (and yes, it was and remains a liberation), Israel has never refused Muslims access to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem or Christians access to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre or to holy sites in Hebron and other places.
3. A core tenet of PA and Hamas ideology is “from the River to the Sea”, which means the disappearance of the state of Israel and the disappearance of the Jewish inhabitants. So, it means that any Palestinian state will be Jew free. That’s right, JEW FREE. I do recall the Nazis has a similar belief and intent, to make the planet JEW FREE. Most Palestinians, when they talk about any prospective Palestinian state, will be quite honest about their intent that Jews should go elsewhere.
4. There has been a Jewish presence in the Holy Land since the destruction of the Temple, through Roman times, during the Arab conquest, during Ottoman times. Jews never went away, they were usually small and very religious communities, they lived in great poverty and they were subjected to routine discrimination and harassment. Pogroms were a regular feature, Jews were frequently driven from Hebron, there was an infamous pogrom in Hebron in 1929 when Jews were massacred.
The tragic mass exodus of Christians from the ME has not been caused by the state of Israel or Jews. Rather it’s been caused by Islamist terror such as ISIS, and routine Muslim persecution, through rape, enslavement and murder, mass persecution of Christians, Jews, Yazidis and Zoroastrians has been a reality since Arab armies swept through the ME and North African in the 7th century, just look at the Copts in Egypt, they suffer mass discrimination….or are you going to blame Jews for that?
Oh and there were once huge Jewish communities in countries like Iraq, Morocco, Libya, Algeria, Tunisia, Syria, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon and Turkey. All gone now, there is a community remaining in Iran, but it’s heavily discriminated against.
Back in 2012, after Gaddafi had been overthrown, a Libyan Jew returned to Tripoli to try and reopen the synagogue there. He was threatened and chased out of the country…now that’s what I call “discrimination”.
Please don’t upset Non Mentis with facts and reality. He has his feeeelzzzz to consider.
Next, will we get an anecdote about a Palestinian perfesser Non Mentis once met, who claimed to be quite comfortable with a Two State solution? Unfortunately, the perfesser might have forgotten to mention that one of those states would comprise a square metre of soil, with no inhabitants, just a Palestinian triumphal obelisk.
err I have not said a thing about nuns or whatever. Take those blue pills.
Cassie has ignored anything I said so apparently jewish terrorists are okay but islamic terrorists are not instead of all terrorists are bad. another example of no moral compass from deplorables..
The mass migration of Palestinian Christians has nothing to do with ISIS. It happened well before even the arab spring . Massive fail.
A neighbour can threaten me with murder but if he has no means to do it it is a meaningless threat. It is the same with PA or Hamas or anyone else. Even their rockets kill some of their own!
Building up a Palestinian economy so they all aspire to a Palestinian dream is quite easily the best way to get rid of terrorism’s there. you should not do the opposite
Wong couldn’t walk through downtown Gaza (or most parts of the M-E for that matter) wearing Pride colours or any outward display of her lifestyle if she has any regard at all for her life or safety.
In Israel it is a different matter entirely.
My apologies, it was Romanitas, aka Bird, who made the remark.
I plead in mitigation that many other silly comments you have made on the subject.
instead of all terrorists are bad.
Yet you keep making soothing remarks about Palestinian authorities that demonstrate your gross ignorance of their utter malevolence. How about as direct a condemnation as you have made of (long past) Jewish actions? Say, something about the Palestinian slogan “From the river to the sea”, which excludes any possibility of a Jewish state. Or is your moral compass selective?
It is the same with PA or Hamas or anyone else. Even their rockets kill some of their own!
They also kill many Israelis, no sympathy offered there?
Building up a Palestinian economy so they all aspire to a Palestinian dream is quite easily the best way to get rid of terrorism’s there.
When Israel left the Gaza Strip, they left behind many economic resources, including glasshouses able to produce large quantities of fruit and vegetables. Among the first Palestinian actions were their destruction, as well as of other economic resources left for the Palestinians to “[Build] up a Palestinian economy”. Your comments on this stupidity please.
• Christians in Jerusalem’s Old City ‘under threat’ from settlers.
• Being spat at remains part of life for Christians in Jerusalem.
• Christians in Jerusalem Want Jews to Stop Spitting on Them.
• Christian clergymen face spitting attacks in Jerusalem.
Sorry, I forgot. Also FYI for Boambee John aka BJ.